Update May 2018:
The Gospel of John Challenge (described in the list of prior studies below) begins immediately following the prayer meeting on Tuesday, May 8, 2018!
As of June 2017 active discipleship has mostly been one-on-one or before/after prayer meetings and worship services. Possible upcoming studies include:
- Foundations (by Christian Healing Ministries)
- Experiencing God (perhaps the shorter 8 week / 7-step version)
- Reconciling Everyday Conflict (from Peacemakers Ministries)
- The Gospel of John Challenge
- I Will: Nine Traits of the Outwardly Focused Christian by Thom Rainer
Studies in the last few years have focused on forgiveness, peacemaking, and steps to freedom. These prior studies included:
- The Gospel of John Challenge (Fall 2014): A 9 week / 10 meeting study from launch to final session. The Gospel of John has 21 chapters and emphasizes God’s love. Participants read a chapter of John each day and meet weekly to discuss it. After 3 weeks everyone has read the entire Gospel of John, and is encouraged to choose a different Bible Translation or Audio Version and do the same thing for the next 3 weeks. Another version is suggested for the final 3 weeks. New insights are gained in each reading of this book, and an increased understanding of the heart God has for His children – His love for us.
- Victory over the Darkness by Neil T. Anderson (Feb-Mar 2015).
- Resolving Everyday Conflict by Peacemaker Ministries (Mar-Jul 2015): Here is a link to an updated version of Resolving Everyday Conflict.
- Apologetix parodies (Summer 2015): A fun study – each week that we met, we listened to a song by the Christian parody band, Apologetix, and then discussed it.
- The Bondage Breaker (Part I) by Neil T. Anderson (Fall 2015).
- Selected Talks from IGNITE 2015 (Advent (Nov/Dec) 2015): Listened to Judith MacNutt’s talk on Mercy (split into 2 weeks), and then to R.T. Kendall’s talk on How to Forgive Totally (split into 2 weeks) and joined together in pledging to forgive totally as led. (See this article on How to Totally Forgive.)
- The Bondage Breaker (Part II – The Believer’s Position, Authority, and Protection in Christ) by Neil T. Anderson (Jan-Mar 2016).
- The Bondage Breaker (Part III – The Steps to Freedom in Christ) by Neil T. Anderson (Mar- Jun 2016).